Today, I feel tired and lazy (as always with my work). I still have to wait for two more weeks before the effectivity date of my resignation. Truth is, I am really happy I resigned from work but I am starting to feel lost and insecure because I have nowhere to go, or I really don’t know where to go.
So, I believe this is a great timing to remind myself of my plans for next year.
By 2012, I promised myself that I will pursue the things that will make me HAPPY. No worries, no buts, no more fears. I will start pursuing what I think is best for me and not what others put on my plate to eat. By 2012, I wanted to do changes for myself and for others as well. I want to stay out of mediocrity and achieve freedom. Also, I wanted to focus on the JOURNEY but also aiming to reach the DESTINATION.
Here are the 12 things I wanted to do by 2012.
1. START AN EXERCISE ROUTINE AND KEEP IT FOR A YEAR– Starting an exercise is easy, keeping it is the hardest thing. My goal is to start taking care of my body, be more active, and lose some fats.
2. ATTEND A PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP – This has been a long time dream of mine but I am often threatened by the fact that I only have NikonD40 as a camera. I am not in any way degrading this unit because I love this camera so much. The problem with me is that I am plagued by my own insecurities. I know for sure that when I attend a photography workshop, I will see better cameras and better photographers. So, I fear I will feel out-of-place, loser, poor, or maybe envious… you know- you get the idea. SO, I decided to put this on my list by hook or by crook because it will bother me for the rest of my life if I didn’t give myself a chance to attend this workshop just because I have so many fears inside me.
3. ESTABLISH AN ONLINE SHOP – This is because I am poor and I have to support myself, and I also think online shop is the best way I could earn better than a paycheck. My goal is to start to think like an entrepreneur because I don’t really wanted to be an employee. I hated it. I don’t want to go back to being a corporate slave, it is just not for me. I am an artist, and I believe entrepreneurs are artists in their own way. Establishing an online shop is something I feel is challenging and I really, really want to try it.
4. CREATE AN EMERGENCY FUND – The importance of an emergency fund is something that I have to learn the hard way. Financial freedom is power, and I have to start now before it’s too late. Emergency fund is the amount of money you can use for three to six months, given that you have no income at all for that period of time.
5. REBOND – Just a yearly treat for my hair.
6. WRITE FOR A MAGAZINE – I have no idea whatsoever how will I ever accomplish this one because this is more of a dream than a goal. I really don’t know how to penetrate this industry, or I really don’t know if I believe in myself that much that I can be a published writer. This dream is something I leave to God, “for He knows His plans for me.” This is the miracle that I really want to receive next year.
7. GO SEE THE HOT AIR BALLOON – I want to attend this one because I want to take pictures of beautiful colors and flying objects and uh- so much beauty!
8. BORACAY – I hear people praise Boracay so much, others even refer to it as a paradise. I want to go here because I want to see it myself. Plus, my mother, brothers, friends.. everyone has been there except me. I love beaches… so I must experience Boracay.
9. DATE MY PARENTS – I admit I don’t have time for my parents. My adult life is so consumed of work, love, friends, and other things that make me neglect my parents. I want to treat them to a movie, bring them to a restaurant, just to bond with them once again.
10. READ ALL MY “TO READ” BOOKS – Something that I really love doing but because of the demands in my world, I have totally forgotten. I want to find the joy in reading books once again.
11. REUNITE WITH MY COLLEGE AND HIGH SCHOOL FRIENDS – Because I miss them so much. That’s all.
12. COMPETE IN A SINGING CONTEST – I know I can sing, I know I have a powerful voice, but I am so afraid to compete. I am so bad in competing. This year, I want to give myself a chance to show it to the people the gift of music that I have inside me- plus, it would be fun to just sing on the stage, ayt?
So many things to do right?
So, if you are also feeling lost and don’t know what to do, create a list of things you wanted to accomplish, or if you already have a list, try reminding yourself about it.
I’m done with my list but this is just a start of my wonderful year. I have to change my behavior now and be optimistic. Negativity won’t bring me too far.
I believe these things will happen. ACHA!!!